Skip to content

Family Matters

If you have family members who will accompany you in the U.S. for all or part of your program at MCPHS, they will need to also obtain the appropriate immigration classification to allow them to enter and remain in the U.S. For a spouse or minor child (under the age of 21) who enters the U.S. as your dependent, his/her lawful Immigration Status in the U.S. is “derivative,” meaning it is dependent on your physical presence and legal status in the U.S.
Each F-2 Dependent must have his/her own F-2 Form I-20, which is issued by MCPHS. The F-2 I-20 can be issued at the time of the F-1 student’s admission or can be issued after the F-1 student begins his/her program of study.
Helpful Resources