Skip to content

Requesting an F-2 Dependent I-20

If you would like to add your eligible dependents in SEVIS, you must amend your current I-20 and obtain a new I-for each dependent. You must provide proof that, in addition to your own tuition, fees and living expenses, you also possess sufficient funds to cover the living expenses of your dependents while they live with you in the U.S.

To request to I-20 Forms for your dependents, you will need to submit an online Request for Dependent I-20 Form(s). You will need to upload all of the following documentation to the form:
You will be issued an amended I-20 to reflect the total number of dependents joining you in the U.S. This will become your valid I-20, but you must also keep all of your previously issued I-20 documents, as they will be needed if you decide to apply for an immigration benefit in the future.

Additionally, an I-20 will be issued for each dependent to apply for an F-2 Visa respectively and enter the U.S., or to apply for a change to F-2 Status if they are already in the U.S.